Thursday, May 24, 2012

Adizz's testing site ep. 02: Sony PlayStation VITA

"Reeeeeeeeen! I've got a surprise for youuuuu!"  -like Stimpy said in an episode of Ren & Stimpy. YES guys: I've got a SURPRISE for YOU! I layed my hand fortunately on a Sony Playstation Vita. It's exactly one week old today, so it's time to write a test-like thingy about it.



some  pics about the console itself

Well, I made some pictures about the unboxing (with my phone, because my camera wasn't by me) , but I can't show them, because I left my data cable at my sublet. I know, unboxing is a part of the review, I'll  compensate this later.

So, where should I begin? I LIKE IT! Let's start at the appearance: It's black. And shiny. And collects unfortunately the fingerprints, so it's recommended to buy a screen protection film for it. If you had a PSP before (like me) , the positions and the size of the buttons can be first time a bit bothering you (the buttons are smaller and higher than the ones on the PSP), but later, you'll get used to it. The new handheld of sony became two analog sticks, which are real analog sticks, not like the slide-thingy on the little brother. This little fella got a PS button too. ( Okay, I had only a PSP 1004 "Phat" , so it's new for me. I know, that PSP 3000 had one already...) The whole console obtained a very nice round shape, which looks very nice. It has two cameras, a front and a rear one. They are not the best cameras, but this console isn't made for photographing, it's only for Skype and AR-technology games. It got a touchpad on it's back too, which brings gaming on a whole new level. (btw., it has SIXAXIS too :D)
size comparison of the cards

I found only one disadvantage of the appearance: The charger uses the same slot as the data transfer, so you can't copy stuff while charging :(

Next: Screen. The screen is a bit bigger than the one in the PSP, it has a resolution of 960x544. It's an OLED multi-touch screen with marvelous colors. (SCREEN PROTECTING FILM!!! )

And finally, let's talk about the "software-part", so LiveArea, and the games. The user interface of PlayStation Vita is called LiveArea (by PSP, it was XMB) It's a really pleasant menu of this device: We can hear a sweet, welcome music in the menu, the icons are lightly moving.




my LiveArea screens. I know, I'm sort of a Hentai (pervert), but WHO ISN'T?! :D
The LiveArea is customizable: You can add more work spaces (default are 3), change the position of the icons, change the background, and change the start screen too. ( may better known as lock screen) What i found cool, that you can make screensnaps in the LiveArea, and in the games too.
my lock (or start) screen. BRS!!! :3
Let's take a look at each icon:

-Music: no comment ( the sounds of the VITA are quite good, we have a lot of EQ-s too to make each music sound better)


the beautiful pink music player! :D(sarcasm)

-Video: no comment again (i tried it out with a "720p" mp4, it was a nice viewer experience)
-Photos: ... (here can you see your photos, and  access the camera)
-Content Manager: this app helps you to transfer stuff from the PS VITA system to a PC or PS3 , or reverse.
-Settings: ... (with a lot of setting chances)
-Browser: Internet browser, unfortunately STILL without Flash-support :(
-Friends: Here can you add friends from PSN, manage them.
-Trophies: To watch your or your friend's trophies
-PS Store: to buy new games, download demos and apps
-Group messaging: You can send messages to your friends, or read the ones they wrote to you
-Map: .....
-Near: A new feature of Sony, It's similar to Microsoft's Xbox Live Social
-Party: you can make custom games involving your friends.
-Remote Play: Use the PS VITA system as a controller of a PS3-cevice.
-Welcome Park: A very nice introductionary software for new VITA-users to help them to meet the new features of this system (WITH Trophies! )

I have not much gaming experience, I played till now with WipeOut 2048 (It's an awesome but REALLY HARD game, however I like it.), and tried the Demo of Shinobido 2 ( This game is fascinating, I like it's graphics, could be a potential future full game of mine :D )


A screenshot from WipeOut 2048
And finally, some test photos:




I'm out of ideas, so I call this test done :D

Hope you enjoyed it, stay tuned for the night; brace yourself: A fast recap and impressions of Game of Thrones s02e08 is coming! :D

adizz00

No comments:

Post a Comment